 Technic / 11730

Subject:
New LEGOTIC Hand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:00:22 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi everybody, this is my new LEGOTIC-hand.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chrismaker/LEGOTIC-Hand/hand1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chrismaker/LEGOTIC-Hand/hand11.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chrismaker/LEGOTIC-Hand/hand12.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chrismaker/LEGOTIC-Hand/hand2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chrismaker/LEGOTIC-Hand/hand2.jpg

Each finger is auto-adaptative, an IR sensor (built in Philo's Lab) detects near
objects.
I spent a lot of time on geometry and design, as you can see I' ve used Bionicle
part.

One cylinder acts thumb.
One cylinder acts other fingers. Each finger is independent and auto-adaptative.
Those 2 cylinders are connected on same pneumatic switch. When providing
air-pressure thumb close before other fingers.

Third cylinder acts wrist. Rotation sensor detects hand position. (real rotation
is x6 for best accuracy)

Turntable is not yet motorized because the motor will be on following arm part.

So the work is still in progress........

Chris.

LEGOTIC :
http://mapage.noos.fr/chrismaker/index.htm

Re: New LEGOTIC Hand
[...]

This is starting to look real. You have done an excellent job with the
mechanical operation and the appearance. Congratulations!

--
Bob Fay

http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/

Re: New LEGOTIC Hand
the best looking lego hand i've ever seen

br
pixel

[...]

Hi Chris,

Even more impressive now than the prototype I saw some time ago... Very clever
use of Bionicle parts, would be a winner if a "Technic lame parts" contest was
organized!

XP to lugnet.robotics

Philo

Re: New LEGOTIC Hand
[...]

Watch out Eric Sophie!

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe

Re: New LEGOTIC Hand
   Hi everybody, this is my new LEGOTIC-hand.

   So the work is still in progress........

Chris.

LEGOTIC : http://mapage.noos.fr/chrismaker/index.htm

Nice work!, ...but I will still crush you!

Just kidding, good luck, we are waiting and watching!