 Technic / 11732
Re: New LEGOTIC Hand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:01:08 GMT

"chrismaker" <chrismaker@noos.fr> wrote in message
news:Hp6I4M.Gup@lugnet.com...
Hi everybody, this is my new LEGOTIC-hand.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chrismaker/LEGOTIC-Hand/hand1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chrismaker/LEGOTIC-Hand/hand11.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chrismaker/LEGOTIC-Hand/hand12.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chrismaker/LEGOTIC-Hand/hand2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chrismaker/LEGOTIC-Hand/hand2.jpg

Each finger is auto-adaptative, an IR sensor (built in Philo's Lab) • detects near
objects.
I spent a lot of time on geometry and design, as you can see I' ve used • Bionicle
part.

One cylinder acts thumb.
One cylinder acts other fingers. Each finger is independent and • auto-adaptative.
Those 2 cylinders are connected on same pneumatic switch. When providing
air-pressure thumb close before other fingers.

Third cylinder acts wrist. Rotation sensor detects hand position. (real • rotation
is x6 for best accuracy)

Turntable is not yet motorized because the motor will be on following arm • part.

So the work is still in progress........

Chris.

LEGOTIC :
http://mapage.noos.fr/chrismaker/index.htm

This is starting to look real. You have done an excellent job with the
mechanical operation and the appearance. Congratulations!

--
Bob Fay

http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/