 Storage / 873
Re: Building habits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 03:26:00 GMT

"Steven Coallier" <scoallier@ea.com> writes:
I think this will depend slightly on the size of your collection.  As my
collection has grown, I have gone to sorting by color to sorting by color _and_
size.  That way, I don't have to dig through anything!  Exceptions are when a
piece is scarce enough so as to not warrant its own container, and then I sort
by either part type or by color, depending on the part (example: all my 1x1,
1x2, and 1x3 yellow bricks are in one bucket; but all of my antennae, of all
colors, are in a single "Plano" container section).

I have a big enough collection to do that, but I've resisted, because
when I take apart a model I don't want to have quite so many places to
put things.  As it is I have only 21 bins in total - though I do use
Plano boxes for the little Technic pieces.

Besides, I enjoy raking through some pieces that are different from
the one I'm looking for, because I get a lot of inspiration for ideas
that way.

--
William R Ward        hermit@bayview.com      http://www.bayview.com/~hermit/
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."-Groucho Marx