 Star Wars / 1413
Re: SW E1 picts are up: 7121 Naboo Swamp, 7101 Lightsaber Duel, 7111 Droid Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:13:25 GMT

On 4/19/99, at 10:37 AM, James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:
On Mon, 19 Apr 1999 03:52:47 GMT, "James Mathis" <jmathis@arctic.nmt.edu>

7121 Naboo Swamp
Cool stuff: clear 4x4 radar dish, clear Star Wars Cannon pieces.  And Jar
Jar, the brown cape, solid gray light sabre hilts...
yup, agreed.
I love Jar Jar. His head is soooo cool. Lego should have done cool stuff like
that a long time ago :) What about Obi-Wans new hair?? that's kinda neat.

Not cool: 1x2 bricks with vertical clips. :(  The first sign of Star Wars
Jr.
<blink blink>  bricks with clips are Jr?  I find those very useful!  It means
that I have that many more options whenever I want to use a clip.  The pieces
they are using, for example, are very difficult to simulate with the tradition
1x1 plate w/clip.
I must agree here. I only have one but I think that even though it was
introduced
in Town JR. it is a very useful element. You couldn't make your own one of those
because the 1x1 plate w/clip doesn't have an open stud like the 1x2 plate w/1
stud.
So this piece can bring building to a new level, along with some of the great
new SW
pieces. If I were to list all of the great new pieces or colors this message
would
probably extend forever :) So far the 2 biggest "must gets" are the Naboo swamp
&
Naboo Fighter.
Ryan
"Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda