 Star Wars / 1397
1396  |  1398
Subject:
Where I got E1 sets & Who is James Mathis (was:Re: SW E1 picts are up: 7121, 7101, 7111)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 05:26:44 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Joel Hoornbeek writes:
In lugnet.starwars, James Mathis writes:
The rest of the picts of box covers and backs are up at my web site for the
other E1 sets I got:

7121 Naboo Swamp
7101 Lightsaber Duel
7111 Droid Fighter

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/legopage.html

Enjoy!
later,
James Mathis

What city are you in (or near), if you don't mind my asking?

- Joel

Don't mind at all.  I hope no one else does.  Sorry if this is waaayy bad
posting procedure.

James Mathis lives close enough to drive to Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA in
about 1.25 hours one-way.  Only about 4 ways one can go to get out of ABQ via
roads:  I-25 North/South or I-40 East/West.  I live South, in a small town of
about 8,000 people called Socorro.  It's right on I-25.  It's a three exit
pit-stop between ABQ and Las Cruces, NM!  Yee-Hah!

Guess I'd better put a part about the LEGO in this post.  I hope this is enough
for me not to get a detention slip from lugnet.  I found the sets VERY early
Sunday morning 18 April 99 at a Wal-Mart store on Eubank Blvd., just off I-40
on the East side of Albuquerque, NM.  I had dropped off a friend at the airport
around 0800 hrs.  I think I made it to the Wal-Mart on Eubank by about 0830.

I also found the snowspeeder, speeder bikes, and land speeder at the same
Wal-Mart. Curiously, as another poster noted, the E1 sets "rang-up" "NOT FOR
SELL" at the checkout.  An assistant manager took the E1 sets to the service
desk where he looked up the E1 sets in the service desk computer.  There the
prices came up, so he instructed the service desk clerk to key the prices in by
hand and hand type in identifying names for each item in the sale.

Bio:  Went to grad school at New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology.
Physics, Masters, Lightning rod research (with Langmuir Lab in the mountains
where they launch rockets into thunderstorms to trigger lightning).  Graduated.
Currently employed doing optical engineering for a high-power laser experiment
to be conducted at the North end of White Sands Missle range.

later,
James Mathis