 Star Wars / 13025
Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 10:54:35 GMT

Actually that piece was made to do what it

I rather doubt it, David. Very nice theory though! But there's a big
difference between a canopy that pops open when you want and a canopy that
never stays closed.
By the way, my solution to it was to remove the short green technical beam
behind the canopy and attach 2 green 1x4 tiles on top of the speeder. They
stick off a bit to the front, keeping the cockpit airtight this way, so to
say. When you move the "sliders" backward the canopy flops open, if you move
further, the wings pop off. Anyway, the tiles give the craft a smoother surface.

I'm wondering why noone noticed the poor decoration on the parts? What is
supposed to be orange on the canopy rather looks like light-brown. And the
decorated translucent 2x2 slopes right behind the canopy ... the green
decoration is so weak you can hardly see it :(

And one last rant: There are several light-grey 2x2-tiles with this model.
SHOP-AT-HOME, listen up! Would it been so hard to say "c'mon guys, just make
500.000 more for our customers..."?! No opportunity, uh? :(

"Primus" Burkhard
LEGO Mechcommander
www.go.to/LegoMC
Official Battletech Fan-Site