 Star Wars / 13013

Subject:
Wesell's vessel can't stop top
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 02:02:47 GMT

I am having a moment of disappointment with my new Bounty Hunter Pursuit set
that I'm wondering if others are experiencing. The issue: Zam Wesell's
ship's canopy will not stay closed. I do not know if this is something
intentional or accidental but the canopy hinge lacks a "tooth" on the
interior side to fit the hinge sprocket of the receiving piece. The result
is a canopy that flops open when tilted.

I am of the mind that this is an oversight like what happened with the stair
segments in the Harry Potter sets. The reason I believe this is that the
canopy cannot be locked into the first toothed position without removing the
ship's outriggers. Forgoing the thought of poor design, is it possible this
section of the mold was accidentally reversed? Turning the hinge section 180
degrees would put the tooth exactly where it needs to be to lock the canopy
closed.

Can others confirm that their canopy hinge is like mine or not?

Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top
On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 02:02:47 GMT, "Jim Green"
I am having a moment of disappointment with my new Bounty Hunter Pursuit set
that I'm wondering if others are experiencing. The issue: Zam Wesell's
ship's canopy will not stay closed. I do not know if this is something
intentional or accidental but the canopy hinge lacks a "tooth" on the
interior side to fit the hinge sprocket of the receiving piece. The result
is a canopy that flops open when tilted.

I found that you can take one of the spare rubber bands and loop it
over the 2 1x2 slope bricks on either side of the hinge and the
cockpit will stay closed.

Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top