 Star Wars / 13013
  Wesell's vessel can't stop top

I am having a moment of disappointment with my new Bounty Hunter Pursuit set that I'm wondering if others are experiencing. The issue: Zam Wesell's ship's canopy will not stay closed. I do not know if this is something intentional or accidental but (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

(...) I found that you can take one of the spare rubber bands and loop it over the 2 1x2 slope bricks on either side of the hinge and the cockpit will stay closed. (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

My copy is the same way, Jim. Looks like the tooth is on the wrong side of the canopy, which will flop open pretty easily - especially if the mandibles are off. -Matt . (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

(...) "Me too" :( I played around with jury rigging it with rubber bands and got something that wasn't awful, but I eventually just decided that it was just poor design (*very* similar to the HP stairs-- I wonder if the molds were incorrectly (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

(...) Ditto for me :(. I tried something not as innovative as the rubber bands, but that worked for me all the same. I removed the green pokey up hollow piece right behind the canopy. Under that, I put a 1x2 translucent yellow plate (gotta maintain (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

(...) Mine is precisely like that. I mentioned something about it in passing in another post; it's very annoying indeed. The cause is precisely what you identified: The hinge piece's "tooth" is 90-degrees "off" from what you need to keep it shut in (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

"Monica Wilbur" <monica@galacticbrick.com> wrote in message news:Gv7o1p.Ds@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) I did just this and I'm really happy with the results. Besides the problem with the click hinge on the canopy I think this is a gorgeous ship. My (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

Actually that piece was made to do what it does for the same reason that the front wings pop off. In the movie her ship crashes ( a nice little fight scene involving anikan landing on top of it and slicing the wing off, almost losing his lightsaber (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

(...) I rather doubt it, David. Very nice theory though! But there's a big difference between a canopy that pops open when you want and a canopy that never stays closed. By the way, my solution to it was to remove the short green technical beam (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

WHAT ABOUT LEGO CUSTOMER SERVICE? Okay, mine's screwed up too. Yes the crash theory is good, and that's what I thought, but I WANT the cockpit to stay closed, w/out rubber bands, extra parts, etc. SOOOO..... Has anyone called lego on this. I know (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

Isn't she, though? I'd have preferred an unmasked version, but eh. Guess they didn't have enough room on her tiny head for three face prints ;). mo www.galacticbrick.com (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)