 Space / 9867
Re: Speculation as to a Classic Space *legends* release?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:21:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, Timothy D. Freshly writes:

"Daniel Jassim" <danieljassim@hotmail.com> wrote in message

<snipped>

Classic minifig set would definitely make a killing.  I hoping that over
time, whatever space Legends sets are released, they cover all five of the
classic minifig colors (white, red, yellow, blue, and my personal favorite
black).

As far as sets go, Galaxy Explorer and Space Cruiser are at the top of my
list since I have neither.  :-(  One set that I do have that I would love to
get another is the Alpha-1 Rocket Base.  Great pieces and great concept.

Tim

The Alpha-1 Rocket Base is probably my all-time favorite space set because
it was the first 'modern' minifig set I got when I was 6. My previous sets
were either universal sets or sets with the old minifig torsos/legs that
were molded and didn't move (specifically set 386).

I love the A-1RB. I still have about half of the special bits from it as
near as I can tell, and the crater plate has seen much use over the last 22
years and is still going strong (if a bit dusty/dirty). :)

I, personally, would love to see just about any of the original round of
space sets from 1979 come back, though the A-1RB or Mobile Tracking Station
(452) would be my key picks. 452 is small (under the current $25 mark set by
the Guarded Inn, if such is even a consideration for a Legends release), and
it would be awesome to get more of the clear antennna/shields. Not many sets
had those as I recall.

Just my take. :)

Joel J