 Space / 9858
Re: Minifig colors (was Re: Speculation as to a Classic Space *legends* release?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 21:32:19 GMT

Peter & All,

This brings up one of my favorite topics, the question I ask whenever I meet
a fan of Lego space.

What did the different colors of minifig mean to you?

Oh, I think I told you once. : ) Anyway,

For me, white were pilots--my first set was the old Space Shuttle, and that
white guy was clearly a pilot.  Yellow were technicians, because I always
had the most of them and hey, you need a lot of techies to keep up your
fleet, right?  Red were medics, for obvious color reasons, just as blue were
MPs/police.  Black were so rare that they were the admirals for me.

When the Futuron-style minifigs came out, those became officers in each of
the divisions, and the classic style were the everyday working grunts.

I know some people used Star Trek colors.  I had a B&W TV and was never
really into ST so that wasn't an option.  What did other people do with
colors?

Well, I always used the colors as a job class. Here is my current assignments:

Classic Space - Ensigns, always.

Futurons - Upper ranks, from Leiutenants (SP?) to Admirals

Let's see, my color ones:

Black - Command - I always loved Black Futurons, my mini-me wears it, and it
is just too cool!

Blue - Engineering & Sciences

White - Medical - I have not found a way to convert a Futuron one as of yet,
I am still toying around with it.

Red - Pilots / Navigation - They are rare to me, especially Red Futurons

Yellow - Security - Tactical (SP?)

The most abundant Futuron colors seem to be blue and yellow, and I think
they make up most of the folks in my little corner of the LEGO universe.

Here is my old page on it, I re-did it on my laptop, but I have not
transferred it yet. I need to redo the pictures too with better backgrounds. : )

http://www.geocities.com/legoguy712/ADF-organization.html

Scott S.