 Space / 6553
Re: Site update, new MOC The Starship Phalanx
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:09:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Jacobsen writes:

Bryan,

That's pretty cool - I haven't experimented with multi-stage ships like
that, but I like how you did it. I'm going to have to file that away for a
later time.

Thanks, I actually didn't intend to build such a large ship, but after an
hour or so of building the back it became apparent that it was going to be
neccesary.  I decided then to build it in three pieces so that I could
concentrate on one section at a time.  It's quite different than it started
out, but I was pleased with the results.

Myra made me chuckle. A creative background history for her. :)
Your labor droid's head is really intriguing, too. Took me a second to see
what you'd used. Well done!

Joel Jacobsen
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm

I actually made the minifigs several months ago... :)  I put together about
twenty different "spacy" minifigs and my original vision of Kirk and Myra
where aliens trying to disguise themselves as humans.  Wher Kur was always
meant to be a labor droid... I like playing around with different things for
heads.  While I was building the ship I decided I was gonna need some
minifigs to populate it so I dug into my box o' figs and decided on those four.

As for the story, I always make up stories for my creations when I'm
building them... my shrink tells me it's part of my obsessive compulsive
disorder ;)

Anyway, glad you liked it!

-Bryan
hobartrus@hotmail.com