 Space / 6556
Re: Site update, new MOC The Starship Phalanx
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:27:16 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner writes:
The images make it rather hard to tell much about the ship itself, but the
overall shape is pretty cool.  I tend to do a lot of modular ships myself,
as Mark Sandlin would be happy to tell you...

Yeah, my camera really sucks... I'm going to get a better one once I get my
tax return and as long as I don't get desperate and break down the Phalanx
I'll get some better pictures.  I'm also going to LDraw it so it'll be
available that way too.

I do like the landing gear and the insect-like appearance they lend when the
ship is landed.  Your storyline is also interesting- these kinds of details
really help in the presentation of a model.  But I have to say that my
favorite thing here is Wher Kur, the grunt worker droid.  Great work on his
head!

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com

Heh, the landing gear actually just barely hold the ship up... originally I
just three landing struts, two in the back and one up front, but there was
too much weight in the middle and the ship kept falling down.  After I put
in the middle landing struts the ship kept coming apart at the middle/rear
joint.  I had to add several technic pins to get it to stay together, but
now the ship is very solid and very wooshable.  The ship sits on it's
landing gear, but I can tell that there's quite alot of stress on the click
hinges.

As for the story, whenever I build a story forms in my head.  The story is
both influential on and incluenced by the MOC.  It makes building much more
interesting, and keeps me sane!  :)

-Bryan
hobartrus@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html