 Space / 38397
Re: Star Wars and Moby commisioned illustrations from back in 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 05:23:26 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Jordan wrote:
   I think I can see Chemical Brothers

Yes, that’s 1.

   and The Prodigy.

Correct! That’s 2.

   Is it Daft Punk in the goggles?

Nope.

OK, class, pencils down. Here are the three others:

It’s Orbital in the goggles. Apex Twin is the Jesus-looking guy up front in black, and three nondescript guys toward the back are Underworld.

Going into the project, I had no idea what a few of these acts looked like, but apparently I did a pretty good job modelling them based on reference photos I was provided with--the people at Mojo wanted to buy the bands from me after I finished the project.

-Brendan