 Space / 37952
Re: Outing a talented lurker.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:25:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, Keith Goldman wrote:
I'm sure some of you have seen this gem, but since its debut over the weekend on
MOCPages it has been buried under a heap of steaming bionicle.  Check out the
8ft of in-your-face action!

<http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/7415>

I've traded emails with the 'creator' Ed, he's a lurker who needs to come out of
the closet, so let him have it.

-Keith

btw-I've already given him crap about the trans-red turret.

When I saw this over the weekend I kept hoping Ed would post here so I could let
him know how fantastic I think this MOC is.  Thanks for pointing out that there
is a mocpage for it (I should start visiting that site).
I am completely in awe at the simple, clean yet very well defined features of
it.  The studlessness, oh the studlessness!  It is a Naval Space Destroyer in
every since.
Here is the bad.  You had little room to work with in the hanger bay so I
understand you had to keep the fighters and the shuttle as small as possible.
However, I think you could have done better with them.  Something a la "Desk
Fighter" or other Dan Jassim's fighters with foldable wings and the shuttle
could have been something like the Enterprise shuttle pods.  Maybe it was lack
of parts or just lack of energy after such an amazing MOC.  I am very impressed
that you could fit 2 fighters and a shuttle.
Great job.
David.