 Space / 36147
Re: Caption Contest WINNERS?!?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:44:51 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   Well, lets just say that the Caption Contest turned out even better than I hoped it would - except for two glaring omissions: Keith Goldman and Janey Red Brick. WTF? Two of the funniest people I know, both dreadfully quiet. Well - you guys had yer chance to win a Naked Lenny (with epaulettes) fig and turned it down - your tremendous loss.

Dear Mr. Bo Benny,

It is with great pleasure, we (the Minifigs that rule..... umm we mean, “live” with Janey) commend you for an outstanding contest, the quality of fair judgement and of course our congratulations to Derek. We are sure he is elated to be the proud new owner of *that* Fig. That is of course, assuming he does actually send you his address, not that there would be any reason not to.

It is with great regret, that we send this apology on behalf of Ms. Red Brick. See, she wanted to respond various times, she even had a few very funny ideas. Unfortunately every time she tried.... well, in all honesty, we poked her with the sharp corner of a 2 by 4.

Why? Why you ask?.... Well you see, we may be smiling, but we get very jealous, very quick. If she would have won the naked Lenny Fig (with or without epaulettes) all she would have done is gaze at the fig all day.

She is the city planner/builder for our town, Bricton. Dreaming about naked Lenny would never get us the buildings that we need completed. We don’t want to complain, but there are buildings here that don’t even have a roof, some with no back wall, and some not even started yet!! Do you have any idea what winter in Canada is like??

Recently she has been off building stuff for other Figs and playing with Micro, Mecha and Motors. We are sorry Lenny, but a naked fig is just something we couldn’t risk having considering the chaos and desperate times we have here in Bricton.

We would send you a naked Ms. Red Brick Fig as a most sincere apology token gift, but we have yet to figure how to get the chick out of the red brick.

Signed,

The BS-PMS

(Bricton’s Society of Protection of Minifig Souls)

c/o Janey “Red Brick”

P.S. No, we don’t have Janey chained to the building table, no, that’s is not her screaming for release, and no, please DO NOT send the Mounties around to check! Thank you, have a nice day.