 Space / 35553
35552  |  35554
Subject:
Crimson Skies MOC - Tomahawk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 02:15:05 GMT

Been many a month since I’ve posted, or built much of anything, decided to get back on the horse with a little Crimson Skies action, though .space is my prefered place, which is why I’m cross-posting.

So, here’s the Tomahawk

And the full folder (once moderated)

Started out with the engine and the rest went together in a couple of nights, I wanted something small, overpowered and very manuverable - possibly an interceptor. Getting the cockpit and tail down to an acceptable size was the most difficult part.

Points of interest: I really like the the wing tips :)
The rotating canard was fun, but in reality shouldn’t have that lage a range of motion. At least it IS limited so it won’t spin all the way around.
The landing gear wasn’t intended to fold up, but it turned out doing so nicely.
Most of the detailing is on the underside, especially the scoops... intercoolers maybe?
Added the twin cannons after the main machine guns, too much maybe for a plane this size, but I’d guess they don’t get used much.

Actually my ulterior motve for this planes creation was to make something to photograph with my new (used) digital camera - Nikon Coolpix 995 definitely works better on details than the old Kodak I used to borrow from work :)

I also thought it would be interesting to show a size comparison to a previous Crimson Skies Fighter I made, the C Bar One. Definitely had some fun making the “in-flight” picture :)

And the full folder (after moderation)

PLMKWYT,
TRS