 Space / 32338
    The Slick Brick —Tony Hafner
   Here's Slick Octan in his racer, the Slick Brick. And before you start, I know it isn't Octan colors. Read the page for the explanation if you care. (4 URLs) It's loaded with features- a detailed interior including two storage lockers and plenty of (...) (20 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

        Re: The Slick Brick —Kevin Blocksidge
     (...) I don't post here often, but I loved this MOC. I love the methods you used to achieve studlessness (SNOT instead of tiles). I was digging it through the first 12 pictures, but number 13, the landing gear, is what got me to reply. The way it is (...) (20 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: The Slick Brick —Tony Hafner
     (...) Wow- thanks a ton! The SNOT construction was an integral design choice because otherwise I'd have to tile a huge surface below the canopy and this seemed much cleaner. The implementation turned out to be a lot more work, but it did pay off. (...) (20 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: The Slick Brick —David Gregory
     Very nice. The cockpit is my favorite part. With the shape and colors, it looks like it would be at home underwater too. David (20 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: The Slick Brick —Tony Hafner
     (...) Thanks, and hey- that's just the inspiration I needed for another set of engine modules! It even fits nicely into the multi-environment racing theme, though this ship's nose is a little on the flat side for water. (2 URLs) AndroDan>> Tony (...) (20 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: The Slick Brick —Paul Baulch
     (...) That landing gear compartment is awesome. The modular engine is cool too. Such functionality is just what I love to see in a small craft. Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (20 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: The Slick Brick —Tony Hafner
     (...) Wow, everyone likes the landing gear. Thanks so much for the kind words. Details and functionality seem to be easier on smallish models. I can't touch what you do on your usual scale, though. I have enough trouble greebling a 4x10 surface and (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: The Slick Brick —Ley Ward
     In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote: Snippety.. (...) Snip That's heavy, man! This picture just sums it up for me. The transgreen plates at an angle, the tight solid form, the little spindly legs... but, most of all the rake; it just says 'vroom!' (...) (20 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: The Slick Brick —Tony Hafner
     (...) Thanks- and I'll have to remember that sitting level is overrated. And as for limitations... all too true. Drat that windshield! (I still haven't built the support vehicle, but after alluding to this ship multiple times I felt that I had to (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: The Slick Brick —Leonard Hoffman
   Tony, You seem to have found that building wind. This racer is quite nice - both its studlessness and all the interactive features you built in - stuff like the lockers and the neato landing gear. I also enjoy the implied violence of the racing (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: The Slick Brick —Tony Hafner
   (...) The studlessness is something I'm forcing myself to do. I don't think I'll do a ton of 99% studless vehicles like this one, but I wanted to go to the extreme and then back off to find a good balance for future models. And the play features are (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)