 Space / 32431
Re: The Slick Brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:59:54 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:

Snippety..

Snip

That’s heavy, man!

This picture just sums it up for me. The transgreen plates at an angle, the tight solid form, the little spindly legs... but, most of all the rake; it just says ‘vroom!’ Those landing gear are awesome. I think it’s proof of how limitations often lead to the best work.

Thanks- and I’ll have to remember that sitting level is overrated. And as for limitations... all too true. Drat that windshield!

(I still haven’t built the support vehicle, but after alluding to this ship multiple times I felt that I had to post what I was talking about.)

   Oh, and as for the underwater version, perhaps the nose could be more aerodynamic... (um, aquadynamic?)... without too much redesign...

The nose section sits on a studs-forward 4x6 plate. I could quite easily swap something else in there. The question is what to swap in? I don’t want it to be too much like the tail... perhaps some equipment up there instead.

AndroDan
   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com