 Space / 28718
Re: Blacktron vs. Futuron
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:28:38 GMT

In lugnet.space, Damien Guichard wrote:
What is your own opinion about Blacktron vs. Futuron?

As a kid, I was frustrated with how happy and friendly BlackTron looked. I mean,
here was this awesomely evil-looking group of ships, and all the pilots had that
same dopey grin. Man. I hated that. The visor's down, you hear that copyrighted
"Darth Vader" breathing from underneath, in these dark, sleek ships. Then the
mask comes up and he's smiling like a little weenie.

So in order to keep their dignity, I turned all their heads around so that they
appeared totally faceless when the visors came up. MUCH better.

I know I had a story to go along with it, but I can't remember it for the life
of me. Something about their faces being burned off, and inducing some sort of
"space madness". I'm not too sure what "space madness" was as opposed to
"regular madness", but it assuredly must be worse, cuz, well, it's SPACE
madness.

And Futuron? Man, I don't get those guys. What's with that zipper? Believe me, I
know zippers. They're not airtight, trust me.

DaveE