 Space / 28706
Re: Blacktron vs. Futuron
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 03:27:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, Andrew Verner wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Damien Guichard wrote:
   What is your own opinion about Blacktron vs. Futuron?

I think this one’s pretty much in the bag for the Forklifts. Blacktron’s got Johnson, who can beat anyone from Futuron one-on-one, but none of their other players are any good with the ball. Meanwhile all Futuron’s players are above average. Looks like Futuron will be the one who goes on to play Ice Planet in the finals.

...that’s not what you meant, is it?

But defensively, anyone on Blacktron matches up well. Anyone out there, including Johnson, can stick to Blue Guy and Red Fella like a post-it note. Plus, the Bonnies bring all 5 down the floor - there is no Yellow Dude bogging down the “O”.

They are the favorites on the board. Here’s three reasons Dr. Nicky bets against ‘em, though:

1. Everyone thinks black is a cool color. IT’S NOT A COLOR!! IT’S A COP OUT!!
For more on this diatribe, see http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=28462

2. Those harnesses on their chests weigh a lot more than the zippers adorning the Forklift’s unis.

3. They can’t see $#!t through those solid visors.

-Nick