 Space / 23120
Re: Dragonstar Reloaded!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 05:13:52 GMT

In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
Dan, this....(sniff)...is so BEAUTIFUL...(tear rolls down cheek)...I need to
compose myself...

Heh! :)

This is very very very very very very very very good!  I will now use the
new dragonstar as the benchmark for military SHIPs.

Wow! (sniff) Now don't you get ME started! ;)

Now, everyone, don't get me wrong...there are some other REEEEAAAALY good
SHIPs out there, but I really dig this one.  The white interior is just
right in my mind, else I would have used tan (to tone down the sterile look
that was mentioned before).  But, tan tile is more rare, and white gives it
a really cool Alien movie look on the inside, or Silent Running...yeah!  The
reference to Buck Rogers was good too.  We've been so keen on studless
exteriors, it's so refreshing to see near studless interiors for a change.
This, in my mind, pushes the envelope of realism.

Thanks, Trev. I had mentioned earlier that this interior was inspired by the
Discovery from "2001: A Space Odessey." Sterile, stark and futuristic
looking. I figured the studless floors would accentuate the look.

<snip>
Did you take time to make a captian's quarters, or are you taking the Alien
approach where everyone sleeps in the same area?

Didn't bother making Captain's quarters but it's in that section connecting
the bridge with the main hull.

The airlocks are good.  Needs a standard coupling system tho (one of the
several discussed).

I have few ideas I may try on the next one.

<snip>

BTW, I would pay money to have this one in a display cabinet in my livingroom!

How about that full size poster idea? :) I need a better camera though.

--Dan