 Space / 13768
Re: Unfair to compare Battrax to other Legend choices!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:08:27 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris Giddens writes:

I would have liked to see the MIB too.  More trans yellow domes would be
sweet.  Also the Battrax has only one fig if I am correct, it would be nice
to get more.

I'm a bit perplexed at the decision to release a smaller Blacktron set
instead of something awesome (Like a Renegade, for example) or even
an older set such as Cosmic Fleet Voyager which would have got my vote
right away.

My dream legend re-release would be a combo pack with
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6894 and http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6886.  A
blactron vs. space police set.

Space Police vs Blacktron, the epic struggle between a rogue force and
a policing colony...or for that matter, competition to become the next legend.
(I think blacktron would take down SP any day.) Although a combo pack would
be all the better!

But hey, I'll take what I can get.  Since we see that classic space helmets
are out (DANG IT!), what Futuron sets would be "Legendary"?  (am I correct
in that no futuron set has the space symbol on bricks or slopes?) Has anyone
decided they would accept a classic space man with a new helmet and visor?
Or would you take a Galaxy Explorer with Futuron pilots?

I think the futuron set "star quest" has a space insignia
on a white 3x2 brick. It is quite a small set, though. I'm not surprised
about those classic helmets, though. I don't think Lego even *has* the
moulding anymore. A shame, but, oh well... I wouldn't like to see a classic
space man with the new helmet, because a helmet without a visor would be,
er...just not right...
You think they would slightly modify a classic rerelease to include
visors on the helmets, or would LEGO leave it to the fans to decide.

Just my two brickz...

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet No. 1112