 Space / 12528
Re: Ornithopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:22:03 GMT

Amy,

I can't comment on its accuracy--it's been 12 years since I read the
original Dune books--but I love the design, particularly the cockpit glass.
I look forward to seeing it in a few hours!

Peter

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
This is my rendition of an ornithopter. I built it for today's Confusion
convention. Its wingspan is about 30", it seats 4 minifigs and features jointed
wings, movable tail and a passenger cabin that's able to stay level in flight
regardless of the position of the rest of the fuslage. I've taken some "humming
bird" pose pictures to demonstrate...

http://www.amyhughes.org/lego/conventions/ornithopter

Amy