 Space / 12522
Re: Ornithopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 19:17:07 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
This is my rendition of an ornithopter. I built it for today's Confusion
convention. Its wingspan is about 30", it seats 4 minifigs and features jointed
wings, movable tail and a passenger cabin that's able to stay level in flight
regardless of the position of the rest of the fuslage. I've taken some "humming
bird" pose pictures to demonstrate...

http://www.amyhughes.org/lego/conventions/ornithopter

Amy

Wow Amy,

That's a unique rendition, or at least nothing that ever appeared in my
imagination. Is it based on the Dune movies (I only saw snippets of Lynches,
and missed the first episode of the SF series).

Thanks,

George