 Robotics / Spybotics / 323
Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 23:39:21 GMT

I'm a little surprised that the Spybot doesn't need to see the packet header
byte - the byte containing the range/orientation bits preceding the 0x8n Ping
byte.  The header is deliberately generated with the stop bit cleared to force a
framing error.  I thought it was a convenient (or necessary??) method for the
Spybot to detect a start of packet.

Does your IR monitoring see this byte - or does it get gobbled up due to the
framing error?

--Jay