 Robotics / Spybotics / 315
    RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route —Ed Parrent
   Has anyone got messaging from the RCX2 to Spybotics working? Would be great to hear if you have! (20 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

        Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route —John Hansen
   (...) Mark Riley wrote a program quite a while ago that sends IR messages to a Spybot from an RCX ((URL) The receiver side of this (running on the Spybot) is implemented in his post in MindScript. I just posted a message a few minutes ago which (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

        Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route —Ed Parrent
   (...) very astute info. You folks, and you J.H. are 'right-on' once again! Yes it works, but SPY seems to react only to very specific code strings (message A: byte 0=0x92, byte1=0x23; message B: byte 0=0x92, byte1=0xab; ... etc.), and immediately (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

        Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route —John Hansen
   (...) Okay, after banging my head against this for WAY too long I think I have finally figured out (somewhat) a few things that were previously completely lost to my understanding. If you want an RCX (running RCX2 firmware) to simulate a Spybot Ping (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

        Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route —Jay Francis
   (...) Hi John, I think the low nibble of the first byte contains the Link ID of the Spybot. It is zero if the Spybot is not linked to a controller. 1 if it is linked to controller 1, 2 if controller 2, etc. This should be easy to double check with (...) (20 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

        Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route —John Hansen
   (...) Yes, that is what another person told me via email yesterday. So a ping simulation function for an RCX running the RCX2 firmware could be: // nLinkID = 0-7, where 0 = no link, 7 = pc link, 1-6 = controller link // nMyID = 8-255 (minBotID = 8, (...) (20 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route —Jay Francis
   I'm a little surprised that the Spybot doesn't need to see the packet header byte - the byte containing the range/orientation bits preceding the 0x8n Ping byte. The header is deliberately generated with the stop bit cleared to force a framing error. (...) (20 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route —John Hansen
     (...) I presume that somewhere that data is being dropped. It isn't showing up as data the tower reports to the operating system. I haven't actually tried the function I posted the other day so it is entirely possible that a Spybot will not (...) (20 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

         Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route —Jay Francis
     (...) Hi John, It does work. The RCX appears in the Spybot's World Table. The Range is set to Anywhere. Pretty cool... --Jay (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route —Ed Parrent
   (...) Boy, this RCX to Spy IR comm thing is sure going the right way! The SPYBOTICS are a little known and hidden LEGO gem. Gramps Eddie & Grandson CJ (20 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)