 Robotics / Spybotics / 318
Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 03:07:33 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, John Hansen wrote:
Has anyone got messaging from the RCX2 to Spybotics working?
Mark Riley wrote a program quite a while ago that sends IR messages to a Spybot
from an RCX (http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/spybotics/?n=56).  The receiver
side of this (running on the Spybot) is implemented ...
John Hansen
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/

John:
Thx for pointing out the past 'Riley' post, and especially for your timely and
very astute info. You folks, and you J.H. are 'right-on' once again! Yes it
works, but SPY seems to react only to very specific code strings (message A:
byte 0=0x92, byte1=0x23; message B: byte 0=0x92, byte1=0xab; ... etc.), and
immediately performs the message code! (The two messages [above] are two
separate SPY led animations). I am looking for a way to send a more general
number code IR message from the RCX  to Spy (such as in your RCX NQC program of
March 16, and use the sent 'message parameter' from the RCX, generated by an RCX
actively running program, as a 'process parameter' in another program, actively
running on the SPYBOT). Have not got that solved directly (short of time coding
a combination, say of one of the above mentioned messages). Do you SPY fans out
there have anymore thoughts? We have SPY pulling an 'RCX in a small cart'
around, with both handling navigation/logic/sensing tasks.
Increasing the RCX TxPower to HI, makes the RCX messaging from the cart (behind
Snaptrack SPY) really quite solid. In fact, SPY jumps to an uncoupled RCX cart
20 ft. away!
Gramps Eddie & Grandson CJ