 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 4028
Re: Development status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 04:14:17 GMT

Michael, Carl,

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Michael Tautschnig wrote:

That's great news so far :-) Some time ago, however, I've tried to get brickOS
to run on those old h8300 bricks, but it only seemed to work when using an old
tool-chain (which is also the reason why the related packages never got upgraded
to newer versions in Debian).

Unfortunately, I also don't have any access to bricks at the moment, so if
someone still has access to those bricks, it would be great if you could try out
Carl's patched packages. If it works out, I'd happily upgrade the Debian
tool-chain to newer versions!

I'm encouraged by your efforts Carl and I don't have time to do the gcc work so
Michael, I'd like to take you up on your offer.  I do have two of the RCX bricks
and a number of USB/IR towers and Linux machines. Carl, I've limited time so
rather than applying the patches one by one to replicate the code base your
using (which we _will_ have to do eventually) can you offer a ready to build
code set?  I'm only asking this to get a first test so we can prove/disprove
that Michael does have something to work towards.  That is that it does run so
he can work on updating the toolset.  What do you think? Other ideas welcome,
too.  I'm trying to enable us to get working without a larger time commitment
for the time being...

Sound reasonable?

Again, I really appreciate the time both of you are (or will be ;-) spending!

Best Regards,
Stephen