 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 4027
  Re: Development status

[...] (...) That's great news so far :-) Some time ago, however, I've tried to get brickOS to run on those old h8300 bricks, but it only seemed to work when using an old tool-chain (which is also the reason why the related packages never got (...) (15 years ago, 27-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Development status

Michael, Carl, (...) I'm encouraged by your efforts Carl and I don't have time to do the gcc work so Michael, I'd like to take you up on your offer. I do have two of the RCX bricks and a number of USB/IR towers and Linux machines. Carl, I've limited (...) (15 years ago, 27-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Development status

(...) From what I can tell, support for h8300-hitachi-hms(/coff) was dropped from binutils after 2.16.1. I have no real idea how much work it would take to port brickOS (plus brickemu, preferably) over to elf, but I suspect that it'd be a lot. (...) (15 years ago, 29-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Development status

Hi all, This is great to see there's still some interest. I may not have opportunity to post over the next couple days, but I have created some patches against the latest Sourceforge CVS (as I believe there are a few differences between the CVS and (...) (15 years ago, 30-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Development status

(...) I think we need to stick with 2.16.1, I don't know whether porting brickos to elf is really worth the trouble. Newer gcc versions would be nice, indeed, and brickos also builds fine with (some of?) these, but I never actually got it to run on (...) (15 years ago, 31-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)