 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 4027

Re: Development status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 01:39:39 GMT

[...]
Hi Stephen, 2*Michael and others,
I've (finally) started playing around with brickOS again. My RCX and
almost all of my Lego is in storage a long long way from here, but
that may actually be a good thing in this context.

I've applied Jochen's patches and Rodolphe Pineau's OS X patch, fixed
a few warnings with gcc 4.4, updated the doxygen stuff and added some
code to count edges in the signals detected by sensors (useful for
counting the number of times a touch sensor was pressed, even at tens
of hertz or more - I used it to accurately measure the position along
a long gear rack). I've gathered the patches at http://carl.troein.com/

The documentation is in need of some loving care, but there's some
other stuff I'd also like to play around with. We'll see how it goes.

That's great news so far :-) Some time ago, however, I've tried to get brickOS
to run on those old h8300 bricks, but it only seemed to work when using an old
tool-chain (which is also the reason why the related packages never got upgraded
to newer versions in Debian).

Unfortunately, I also don't have any access to bricks at the moment, so if
someone still has access to those bricks, it would be great if you could try out
Carl's patched packages. If it works out, I'd happily upgrade the Debian
tool-chain to newer versions!

Thanks for your efforts,
Michael

Re: Development status