 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2941
Re: Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.08 avail for testing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:26:36 GMT

After making this change everything worked perfectly, as far as I can tell.

I had a lot of trouble trying to build the gcc cross compiler.  With this build
and the pre-build cross compiler from hitachi's website everything was very
easy.

Thanks!

Gary

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, John Hansen writes:
I spoke too soon.  There is a problem with cygwin and Makefile.Common in the
new release.  The host utilities are not built with -D_WIN32 which (of
course) causes them to not work at all.  In Makefile.Common there is a place
where CFLAGS is set to a value regardless of its previous value.  This
should probably be changed so it works with both Linux & Cygwin.

ifdef BUILDING_HOST_UTILS
#   defines for build of native compiled utilities

CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall

else  # ifndef BUILDING_HOST_UTILS

For Cygwin I can simply change that line to

CFLAGS+=-O2 -Wall

But for Linux that will duplicate the already existing value of CFLAGS.

John Hansen