 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2922
2921  |  2923
Subject:
Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.08 avail for testing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:02:44 GMT

This is our second publicly visible test release.  We will
announce when we think we are closing in on the actual release
(We think this may happen, yet this December.)

Details regarding how to provide feedback are at
http://brickos.sourceforge.net/testing
You can download from

For change detail specific to 0.2.6.08 see the file 'ChangeLog'
after download.

The generated API documentation at our website
[http://brickos.sourceforge.net/documents.htm] has been updated to
reflect this version of code, exactly.  If you see corrections needed
in the API docs or you would like clarification, please let us know by
posting to this group.

*** With this version we are distributing a NEW mechanism for
determining how the code should be built on your machine.  After
you unpack the source .tar.gz file, you _must_ first run ./configure
This will condition the make files so they work for you.  if you run
make first, it will generate an error indicating that you need to
run configure.

As this is a new mechanism, we are looking for feedback regarding your
successes and your failures in using this new configure tool.  You can
post this feedback as a reply to this message.  We will respond to
any difficulties you may have as quickly as we can.

NOTE1: This new configure may have problems in the DJGPP
environment.  We don't know for sure.  If you run this with this
environment please test the configure/build and let us know as soon
as possible. If there is a problem, I'll work with you to identify
the fix and roll to 0.2.6.09 as soon as I can fix configure and the makefiles.

NOTE2: If you still have old legOS built .lx files, dll will refuse
to download them.  Please rebuild any of these before reporting this
as a bug.  There was a small internal change in the .lx file format
when we moved to the brickOS name. Rebuilding the .lx files will
generate well formed ones.

We look forward to hearing from you regarding how this test release works
and/or what needs fixing.

As a reminder, we are working on the new web-site layout, See:
http://brickos.sourceforge.net  We have also described this current
release effort at http://brickos.sourceforge.net/release

We welcome comments on the current layout and suggestions for content.

Thanks, in advance, for your testing and feedback.

Regards,
Stephen - Member of the brickOS team