 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1206
Re: LegOS on LinuxPPC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 05:27:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Dave Baum writes:

I have had better luck with egcs-1.1.2 rather than gcc 2.95.2.  I've
heard that there's a problem with the way gcc 2.95.2 generates code for
memcpy.  I've also heard that the fix is to use an assembly version of
memcpy instead of letting the compiler generate it.  I just stuck with
egcs myself and avoided the entire issue.

The problem is due to a bug in gcc 2.95. The assembly version of memcpy fixes
the LegOS kernel, but all your user programs are subject to the same bug. Until
it's fixed in gcc, you're stuck with egcs.

Regards

ROSCO