 Robotics / NXT / 418
Re: Improving the firmware?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 01:34:11 GMT

Thanks Philippe. You definitely asked the questions that I was thinking
about and I pretty well understood the answers except I was a little puzzled
by the need for "follows" as well.

However, we definitely lost functionality in this area with NXT. It is not
possible to temporarily spawn a thread and move on while it is running in
the background, nor is it possible to stop a thread except through
semaphores. This is definitely a waste of clock cycles.

How receptive is Lego of suggested firmware changes? And I wonder how long
before they would actually be implemented. I think I know the answer to that
:-).

David