 Robotics / NXT / 414
Re: Improving the firmware?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:04:23 GMT

If anyone is still listening to suggestions, I would like to have the ability to
spawn a thread. I don't know how threads are handled in NXT-G, but in NBC, there
is no way to create a thread to kick off a task while moving on to other tasks
in the current thread while it is running (i.e. a non-blocking call). I'm sure
this is a function of the NXT firmware and not NBC itself.

The way I must do it currently is to always have the thread running and set a
flag to enable the functionality. This is a waste of cycles.

John, correct me if I'm wrong.

David