 Robotics / NXT / 393
Re: Any experience with measuring rotations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2007 23:56:37 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Don't mess with colors.  Just use a gradient.  You'll have a mostly linear
set of values.

With my black & white studs, there are also several shades of gray in
between (like a little black & mostly white...)

I made a sequence of stacked 1x2 plates, running from black to red, through
green dark grey, light grey, tan, white, yellow, and orange on the way there.
My nxt gave me reflected light values running from about 12 to about 52.  The
nine steps were reasonably discernable.

I'm not sure how to create much more of a gradient using a Lego-only solution.

But this seems to be working as I want it to, so the next step is to try to
encorporate this into the rest of the 'project'...

Thanks for your help!

Rafe