 Robotics / NXT / 385
Re: Any experience with measuring rotations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:33:59 GMT

So, I guess I need a force sensor, ie, an NXT scale, but something more
than
just the binary on/off of a (not sensitive enough) touch sensor.

Easy.  A light sensor.

Point the sensor at a disk that's shaded from white to black.  I've used
that to detect the distance a robot is from a wall (wall following), using
just a black & a white dot (1x1) which are moved in front of the sensor.  It
shows black, white, & gray.

It uses very little force, and doesn't lose counts (like a rotation sensor
could).

Is this for something we could see at BrickWorld?  I hope so.  :)

Steve