 Robotics / NXT / 375
374  |  376
Subject:
Like A Rock Crawler Hauler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:10:46 GMT

We've been playing around with Rock Crawlers for a while, so I
finally put up a web page with a bunch of pictures and descriptions on it.

http://www.teamhassenplug.org/robots/LikeARock/

In addition to my Rock Crawler (and a link to John's trucks), about
half way down the page, there are pictures & descriptions of my
latest project, a hauler for the truck.  The hauler is a stock LEGO
set (the alternate model for the 8285 Tow Truck) which only required
slight modification to install the motors & NXT.  Connecting the NXT
to the drive train was a bit of a problem, but now it seems to work
pretty well.

My next challenge will be to write a line-following program for
it.  There are two old-style light sensors mounted to the front
steering, so it should be able to follow a line pretty well.  (except
the turning radius is really bad!)

Steve