 Robotics / NXT / 1126 (-20)
  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) This one can run much faster. I am running the motors at 35%. I had to choose between realism and speed. If it goes much faster, when it stops suddenly, the loose joints cause it to swing and sway. I would have to put about a one second pause (...) (15 years ago, 14-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) Seeing yours helped me to understand these machines a bit more too, thanks! Ugg so many cool parts, all those ball joint control arms, very nice! (...) I see these machines work very quickly indeed! (...) (15 years ago, 14-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) I've made 3-4 different versions as well. I unfortunately don't have any photos of the most recent version. (URL) my efforts have been more focused on speed than specific assembly tasks. They are fantastic robots to work with. We used an ABB (...) (15 years ago, 14-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) Crazy cool! (15 years ago, 11-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

Pffff, oh man, that is so awesome. The only other flex picker I saw was in Brick Fest 2003: (URL) am very impressed with how you made this. Excellent work. This kind of job really shows how high tech Lego can be. Many thanks for the video! Eric (...) (15 years ago, 8-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  BricxCC & NBC/NXC collaboration

I finally got around to uploading all the BricxCC and NBC/NXC source code to an SVN repository on the BricxCC project page on sourceforge.net. Now all my code changes are done via my local checkout from that repository and changes are checked in as (...) (15 years ago, 2-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  BricxCC on Linux

I have a very early version of BricxCC running on my ubuntu hardy heron virtual machine (running in VirtualBox). If anyone is interested in helping me test on Linux platforms please send me an email. Hopefully I will be able to get something similar (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  AW: Bluetooth remote control of NXT from Mac/Windows?

Joe, there are a lot of options for controlling a NXT remotely from a desktop PC, some of them even working on a MAC - have a look at the second part of Steve Hassenplug's listing of such tools at (URL) (...) Bluetooth-equipped (...) (15 years ago, 6-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Bluetooth remote control of NXT from Mac/Windows?

(...) I'm looking for the same thing as Joe here. Is there any way to write a module in LabView and actually control the NXT within LabView in realtime? -Dave ToT-LUG (15 years ago, 6-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Bluetooth remote control of NXT from Mac/Windows?

(...) Microsoft Robotics Studio gives you real-time control over the NXT. Coincidentally, I got an email today about (URL) SimplySim>, which simulates the TriBot using the Robotics Studio. But of course this is for Windows only, so if you have to (...) (15 years ago, 6-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  lugnet.robotics.nxt co-curatorship

Almost a year ago I posted a thread about the (URL) robotics.nxt sidebar>. I don't update it much anymore, but today I was emailed a request to add a link to a new NXT simulator. I've done so, but what would make the sidebar more interesting is a (...) (15 years ago, 6-Jan-09, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: BT fails when downloading to NXT from brixcc

(...) Could you make sure you are using the very latest version of BricxCC and that you have the very latest Fantom drivers installed on your computer? The latest BricxCC was released just a few weeks ago. Follow the "latest version" link on the (...) (16 years ago, 3-Dec-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: BT fails when downloading to NXT from brixcc

(...) Hi, John: First of all, thanks for your kind help. I have not checked how much room I have in the NXT. Instead of that, I have tried to send, via BT, the compiled file .rxe to the robot using NXT Explorer, and that works. However, if I try to (...) (16 years ago, 2-Dec-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: BT fails when downloading to NXT from brixcc

(...) This sounds like you have no room for more files on your NXT. Can you copy files off your NXT using the NXT Explorer tool? What happens when you try to copy a file to your NXT using the NXT Explorer tool? There is a maximum number of files (...) (16 years ago, 29-Nov-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  BT fails when downloading to NXT from brixcc

Hi everybody: I'm working with NXT and BrixCC via BT. The connecction between Brixcc and the NXT works fine, and I can use some Brixcc tools, like NXT Joystick, or Find Brick. However, there is no way to download a compiled NXC program to the NXT: (...) (16 years ago, 22-Nov-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Bluetooth remote control of NXT from Mac/Windows?

Is there any software available to control an NXT from a Bluetooth-equipped desktop (needs to support both Mac and Windows)? I'm going to be starting a FIRST Lego League team at my school in the spring, and it occurred to me that it would really (...) (16 years ago, 16-Nov-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  My New Book Is Available for Purchase

Hi LEGO NXT Enthusiasts, I'm happy to announce that I've just self-published my book based on Don's Projects blog. All of my blogs written since September 2005 to September 2008 along with the LEGO NXT eZCIRCUITs,Handy Cricket robo-projects,the (...) (16 years ago, 28-Oct-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Addional Building Instructions for Edu NXT

(...) For the Retail (not educational) kit, NXTprograms has a good selection... but I don't know of anything similar for the Educational version. (16 years ago, 24-Oct-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Addional Building Instructions for Edu NXT

In my classes, the basic NXT Educational bot goes a long way. Additionally, we have the Robotics Engineering bots from CMU. Is there a collection of other bots with building instructions somewhere on the internet? (16 years ago, 23-Oct-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  LOGIC PROBE KIT IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE

Hi All, Well, the Logic Probe Kit is available for purchase from the Store. I'll be submitting additional design and troubleshooting applications for the NXT. I'll probably make some small videos illustrating the versatility of this digital tester (...) (16 years ago, 23-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact