 Robotics / CyberMaster / 92
Re: Cybermaster on WinXP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.cybermaster
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:18:42 GMT

I received an e-mail from someone who was able to successfully run the
Cybermaster software on Windows XP. His tips are as follows:

"1. Instead of using the Quicktime that comes with Cybermaster, I went to
apple.com and downloaded the latest.  It seems to work better with XP.  When
I used the old Quicktime, I saw the same failure mode that you described.

2. Once I installed the program, I right-clicked on the icon for the
executable, picked properties, selected the last tab (can't remember the
name) and chose "Windows 98" compatibility mode.  Not sure if this is
necessary, but I don't think it hurts.

These settings also worked with the Mission expansion set (8450).

Hope this helps!"