 Robotics / 27520
Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:43:01 GMT

I had this error message on a Vista system.  RIS 2.0 worked fine the first time
I ran it, but gave this error every subsequent time (even if I
uninstalled/reinstalled it).  Memory definitely wasn't an issue since the system
had 4GB RAM plus swap space.  The same thing happened on a second system (also
Vista Ultimate).

I was able to get it working by deleting the file "Ris 2.0.mov.#res" from the
local Temp directory.
On Vista this was C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\Ris 2.0.mov.#res.
On XP I'd guess it would be something like C:\Documents and
Settings\<user>\Application Data\Temp.  If not there, try a search for the file
and delete it.

You need to delete this file every time you want to run the program so it may be
worth scripting.

Hope this helps.
regards
johng

In lugnet.robotics, Morten Høgholm Pedersen wrote:
I have probably the same problem? Get the error message:

A critical error has occurred. You may be running out of memory, or you may need
to reinstall Robotics Invention System 2.0

I think a Windows update patch has done the thing, since it used to run on one
of my XP pc's but suddenly stopped working and I now get the same error when
installed it on another pc.

I hope LEGO realizes that it is not fair nor acceptable to their customers if
they abandon RCX support in the future - taking the huge installed base into
consideration

Regards

Morten

In lugnet.robotics, Alan0722 <ac0722@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear All,

I have probelm to excute RIS 2.0 that enclosed with original package under
Windows XP system. On the other hand, I found one patch on Lego officical
site, but it doesn't work when I installed it. And, seems that patch is not
for that purpose.

Can anyone help me to this issue? Either tell where I can download the
proper patch or full installer?

You reply would be much appreciated & great thanks!

Alan