 Robotics / 27489
    Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP —Alan0722
   Dear All, I have probelm to excute RIS 2.0 that enclosed with original package under Windows XP system. On the other hand, I found one patch on Lego officical site, but it doesn't work when I installed it. And, seems that patch is not for that (...) (16 years ago, 6-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP —Morten Høgholm Pedersen
   I have probably the same problem? Get the error message: A critical error has occurred. You may be running out of memory, or you may need to reinstall Robotics Invention System 2.0 I think a Windows update patch has done the thing, since it used to (...) (16 years ago, 7-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP —linmix
     You should contact LEGO directly through the contact form on their website. They are always very helpful and may be able to point you in the right direction linmix 2008/7/7 Morten H Pedersen <mhp@dadlnet.dk>: (...) (16 years ago, 7-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP —Alan0722
     Dear Linmix, Yes, I did sent these message to Lego before I wrote this request, but get nothing yet. Anyway, I have some solution found in google, but not Lego MindStorms solution. Thanks for all your guys. Alan (...) (16 years ago, 8-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP —Luca Bortolotti
     (...) I have just encountered this exact problem, but on Windows Vista. Did you find a solution? Could you please tell me what you did? Thanks in advance Luca (16 years ago, 22-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP —Merlin Hansen
     I ran into this problem 2 weeks ago when trying to deploy a new software image to 2 of my labs at work. The installs in the two build images both worked the first time and then started giving the error mentioned below. So far as I have been able to (...) (16 years ago, 15-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

         Lego Robotics in NSW schools Australia —Stuart Young
     Hello Everyone, I have been given the task to set up a middle school (Year 9/10) robotics course in a new school in NSW, Australia. I been doing a bit of research recently and came across this mailing list. I have been reviewing the comments sent, (...) (16 years ago, 15-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

         RE: Lego Robotics in NSW schools Australia —Dan Brush
     Hello Stuart, My name is Dan Brush from Woodbury Vermont, USA, we are also setting up a first - year team here and I have been in Couch with FIRST directly and they have put me in touch with some teams in the neighboring state of New Hampshire. I'll (...) (16 years ago, 15-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP —John Gibbins
     I had this error message on a Vista system. RIS 2.0 worked fine the first time I ran it, but gave this error every subsequent time (even if I uninstalled/reinstalled it). Memory definitely wasn't an issue since the system had 4GB RAM plus swap (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP —Luca Bortolotti
     (...) That did it :) However I also installed the Ultimate Builders Set, which gives me a similar error, as well as complaining about a broken Quicktime installation. I saw on the Lego website that this is because of a recent Quicktime version, but (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP —Alan0722
      Dear Luca, I got an email from Lego few days ago, seems Lego has solution for Windows Vista yet. You can ask him for free CD just write you probelm on official Lego site. Best Regards, Alan (...) (16 years ago, 26-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP —Luca Bortolotti
     Ok I'll do that. Lego support has always been very helpful in the past :) Thanks Luca (...) (16 years ago, 26-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP —Brahm
     I had two laptops giving me that same error: "A critical error has occurred. You may be running out of memory, or you may need to reinstall Robotics Invention System 2.0." It must have been a recent Windows update that messed them up, as these (...) (16 years ago, 26-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP —courrier
      Hi all, If your RIS 2.0 freezes under Windows XP when it tries to detect the USB IR tower, install this patch : (URL) View this message in context: (URL) from the LEGO Robotics mailing list archive at Nabble.com. (16 years ago, 6-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Lots of gratitude —opals
     Dear Brahm, We know we are not supposed to do this on this forum, but we shall do it anyways because our gratitude towards you is more intense than just a 5 star rating. We have been trying to make our RIS 2.0 software and hardware work for many and (...) (13 years ago, 18-Jan-11, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP —astornet
   I know what the answer to this one is! I solved the "A critical error has occurred" problem with Robotics Invention System 2.0 by uninstalling QuickTime and installing the QuickTime version from the RIS 2.0 disk. Don't forget to delete the (...) (13 years ago, 2-Jun-11, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP —Steve Putz
   Threre are two fixes to the "A critical error has occurred" problem. One fix is to uninstall the latest Quicktime and install the older Quicktime version from the RIS CD (or any Quicktime version older than version 7). Another fix (described earlier (...) (13 years ago, 2-Jun-11, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP —rb95403
   Dear Mr. Putz: I am having the same problem of "A critical error has occurred" with Widows Vista. I have deleted the "Ris 2.0mov.#res" file but the same critical error occurs. Any suggestions? (...) (13 years ago, 3-Nov-11, to lugnet.robotics)