 Robotics / 23425
Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:58:16 GMT

"Nathanael kuipers" <kuipers_n@hotmail.com> wrote:

Unfortunately it didn't work flawless but I think the main reason for that • is
the car; it was quite hard to build with the 'factory'. The worst thing is • they
asked me to design the car, so actually it's me to blame.... :-P

(Thanks Larry and Nate for the background on this project!)

You have to undestand how inspirational this is to me.  For the past few
years, on-and-off I am working on building a little LEGO duck assembly
carousel.  I haven't made much progress - I've played around  with
4-posiotion, 6-position rotary dials, flirted with the idea of a pallet
conveyor (difficult) and a few other ideas running around in my head.  The
duck only has 3 pieces and I had a hard time with that!  I hvae no excuse
not to build something operational after seeing this creation... anything is
possible! :)

It is of espical interest to me becuase of the industry I work in - I will
have to take this in and show it to the other two designers at our company.
We design and build custom automation and robotics for handling of plastic
parts and assembly of the parts, so this is right up our alley!

    Iain