 Robotics / 22810
Re: Smart Motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:47:05 GMT

Joe Strout writes:
> Of course I suppose that power would become a problem if you hung
> more than a few motors off one RCX output.  Any thoughts on what to
> do about that?  E.g., would it be possible to rig it so that the
> motors draw their power from another source (an RC car battery for
> example), and just get the command signals from the RCX?  Or is
> this not an important issue?

Not an important issue unless you want to turn multiple motors at the
same time.  The DCC electronics consumes a minimal amount of power
compared to turning the motor.

Now if we can only persuade Lego to create DCC motors!  W00t w00t!

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Violence never solves
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | problems, it just changes