 Robotics / 22800
    Smart Motor —Mark Riley
   After reading Dave Koudys' (URL) with fellow RTL'ers about installing a DCC decoder directly into a Technic motor, I became inspired to actually build such a beast: (URL) If you click on the above image and look closely, you can see the DCC decoder (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

        Re: Smart Motor —Joe Strout
     (...) Well, you rock! That's exceedingly cool. Please build more! Indeed, you might consider building a largish batch of them -- if you set yourself up assembly-line style, you could probably knock off a couple dozen of them in a few evenings and (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

         Re: Smart Motor —Russell Nelson
      Joe Strout writes: > Of course I suppose that power would become a problem if you hung > more than a few motors off one RCX output. Any thoughts on what to > do about that? E.g., would it be possible to rig it so that the > motors draw their power (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Smart Motor —Mark Riley
     (...) I imagine you could bang them out fairly quickly once you've done a few. But, when I mentioned the US$35 figure, that was $16 for the decoder and ~$17 for the motor (via BrickLink). That still doesn't include any taxes and shipping. So, as a (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

        Re: Smart Motor —Rob Hendrix
    "Mark Riley" <markril@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:I3r1Ez.1wGL@lugnet.com... (...) Crossposted to lugnet.parts.mod - Mmmmmmmm, modding goodness! -Rob (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.parts.mod)