 Robotics / 22121
Re: Balancing robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:41:25 GMT

Hi all

  We've just returned from holiday and our Lego is locked up for the summer but

  For what its worth I have added a version of my code to
http://zandeg.spectacle.co.nz/robot

  You can see what I did to mod Steve's program to work with two standard Lego
light sensors.  The output of one of the sensors is scaled so they both return
similar values.

  My kitchen floor is vinyl with a brown/blue mottled tiled pattern and I'd say
it balances in a "more tolerant" fashon than on the white table.  It probably
oscillates more often but more gently so falls are less dramatic.

  cheers H