 Robotics / 22089
22088  |  22090
Subject:
Re[2]: Balancing robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:57:47 GMT

Hello Philippe,

I built a Legway clone using two standard lego light sensors, both pointing
down, one on the front one on the back. Control was via a PID type
algorithm. The actual
control wasn't that robust and only worked well in a darkened room but
it did balance and I could get it to spin on the spot. I don't have the
code to hand at the moment but this is a basic pseudo listing.

PH> Hi Allen,

PH> Could you post the actual code and perhaps a photograph of your robot, I want to
PH> try that for a while and it would eliminate some fiddling!

PH> TIA,

PH> Philo

Hi,

I'll try and find the code and grab a picture of the bot  at the
weekend. I'm snowed under at the minute with a progress report on my
university project. I don't have the code to hand at the minute
as it's on an old computer that I use for Mindstorms stuff. The code
itself is not more complicated that the pseudo listing I gave you,
nothing like what Steve wrote for the Legway. I'll also try and take a
few small mpegs to stik on the web of it doing it's stuff.

--
Best regards,
Allen                            mailto:Kaptain.korolev@ntlworld.com