 Robotics / 20632
20631  |  20633
Subject:
Bought at Billund's Brick Shop: Set 10072 Bulk Technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:51:00 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

(For the set inventory, please jump to the end of the message)

I've recently visited Legoland Billund, including its fascinating Brickshop
- a ride in itself!

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=41672
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=41675 (pics)

There, you buy Lego by weight, picking it up from bins much like those found
in candy shops. 100 grams go for ~40 DKK ~ 5.5 Euro/Dollar. There are a lot
of different bins, and it is a very nice feeling to be surrounded such
amounts of nicely sorted Lego 8~p However, specialized parts are mostly not
there, as was to be expected. There are 3 bins with mixed Technic with parts
from newer sets (and new colors apart from black and grey)- *but no
Bionicle*. With a bit of patience - and under the intrigued gazes of kids
and adults - you will be able to hand-pick between quite a variety of
Technic parts. For instance, I was able to replenish my collection of long
friction pins, which I was getting short of. My not-very-precise scale says
that 20 of such pins weigh ~ 5 grams!

Additionally, the Brickshop also has other stuff for sale that is not
generally found on stores, but on Lego Direct like on-demand picture mosaics
and some Lego Legend boxes - not Technic, unfortunately. Then there is other
stuff not found elsewhere - like the 10072 Bulk Technic pack, inventoried
below and that retailed for ~80 Kroner ~ 11 Euro/Dollar.

There was also a ~100 Kroner ~13.6 Euro/Dollar bag with the necessary stuff
to make a 4 (or maybe 6) cylinder engine: cylinders transparent, piston
heads blue. Incidentally, there is a bin with small balloon Technic wheels
as well.

Also in the not-by the bin shelves, there seemed to be a lot of train stuff,
including a kit also useful for technic/mindstorms fans: a Lego brick with
side lamp, the lamp reflector and a medium length Lego electric wire. This
was sold as a kit to add light to trains. Since I am not a train fan (due to
lack of space mostly), I really cannot provide much more information on
other locos, wagons and accesories that I saw there.

Some other random information on shopping for Lego in Billund:

- There is a mindstorms shop/workshop in the park which currently does not
sell individual RCXs (big bummer for me, BTW), but had large quantities of
the discontinued Dark Side Developer Kit, which is quite a nice box (our
book notwithstanding - take a look at the parts inventory in Peeron.) I
don't remember the exact price, but it seemed like the official one while it
was available at stores. The workshop had pieces for loan and table fitted
with Technic Control Center consoles (of the type with an adaptor to plug on
a wall outlet) which where, expectedly, not for sale. I had half-hoped for a
Dacta outlet, but that is a yet unexploited (or perhaps discarded) idea.

- There is a discount store ... I think. As a matter of fact, there is
another park ride for you: finding it, I couldn't!! There are two signs
close to the Hotel entrance in the path that borders Miniland. One offered
the Powerpuller for half the price ~4xx DKK instead of 8XX DKK. The other
one mentioned something about discounts (Tilbud?) for season pass holders -
which you can instantly become by trading you entrance ticket and 100 kroner
at a booth at the main gate. The shop is open from 12:30pm to 2:30pm. This,
I found out at 3:30pm =8( . It's somewhere by Titania's palace, the gorgeous
antique dollhouse found in the same building as the  hotel entrance. But I
couldn't find it after it had closed, so it might be a stall sort of thing

- Here is something to think about: the regularly priced sets found
everywhere on the park, including the hotel lobby, are actually more
expensive that the same ones found at the Lego shop at the airport (past
security - you'll need a boarding pass to get there). The airport shop is
not as stocked as the park is, but has much more *current* Lego than the
average toy store of the same size in any other town in the world!

- Inside the park, and apart from the ones mentioned earlier, there are also
a Lego racers store and a large Lego store - with Star Wars tubs(?) on sale;
plus a store inside the Legoland hotel lobby. The Legoland hotel is pricey
but worth every single cent if you bring kids - the family wings of the
hotel are completely oriented towards kids and they have a continuous ball -
including free Lego handed away by hotel staff. Two worthwhile hotel
activities for adults are dining at the restaurant with a view to the kids'
buffet (a true spectacle of primal pre-school fun!) and ending an exahusting
day by assembling a Lego kit while sipping a 15 year old Scotch in the very
cool and very quiet Concorde bar of the hotel - probably one of the very few
places in the world where you can do so without raising so much a stare from
patrons and staff alike.

Inventory -

Kit: 10072 Bulk Technic
Source: MISB
Notes: Packaging lists contents as 56 pieces - inventory total is 57 - 1
(extra?) Technic Liftarm 1 x 2 found in two separate MISB boxes. The set was
bought at the Legoland Billund Brick Shop and is not listed elsewhere.

2 x121  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 11 Straight
2 32278  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 15 Straight
2 32009  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 11.5 Double Bent
3 x68  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 2
2 43857  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 2 Straight
2 32523  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 3 Straight
2 6632  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 3
2 2825  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 4
2 x200  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 4 Thin
2 32017  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 5
2 32316  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 5 Straight
2 32063  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 6
2 x150  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 7 Straight
2 32065  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 7
2 32348  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 7 Bent
2 120  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 9 Straight
2 32140  Black Technic Liftarm 2 x 4 L Shape
2 32056  Black Technic Liftarm 3 x 3 L Shape
2 32249  Black Technic Liftarm 3 x 3 L Shape with Quarter Circle
2 32250  Black Technic Liftarm 3 x 5 L Shape with Quarter Oval
2 32526  Black Technic Liftarm 3 x 5 L Shape
2 x33  Black Technic 1 x 3 with 2 Axle Holes and Pin
2 2905  Black Technic Triangle
2 75535  Black Technic Pin Joiner Round
2 6629  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 9 Bent
2 152  Black Technic Liftarm 1 x 9 Bent
2 6575  Black Technic Cam
2 44374  PearlLtGray  Technic Liftarm Rotor 3 Blades

Inventoried April 20, 2003 by Miguel Agullo.

Note to Peeron.com administrators: this inventory, in a correctly tabulated
Format, was not accepted by the online submission system due to "Set number
ambiguous:". No other errors where reported.