 Robotics / 19211
Re: New Version of 9V Geared Motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:53:06 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Clark Stephens writes:
TJ,
Mark has graciously allowed his picture to  be added to my Brickshelf
comparison page. Here's a deep link until the moderation is done:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ClarkCorner/Vintage/Comparisons/motor_9v_gear.jpg

I examined my motors and did not really notice anything like this in them;
all were of the older type you have listed there. (one from the barcode set,
two from the Mindstorms RDS and one extra I got from ebay)

One thing that came to mind though was that the first version of these
motors did have some problems with them, and there were a number of
complaints about the motors breaking down, becoming too stiff, and some
other such things. These were only present in the very first 8735 and 8479
sets though, and I think TLC made a corrected version after a few months.

-Gaurav