 Robotics / 19211
  Re: New Version of 9V Geared Motor

(...) all were of the older type you have listed there. (one from the barcode set, two from the Mindstorms RDS and one extra I got from ebay) One thing that came to mind though was that the first version of these motors did have some problems with (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Version of 9V Geared Motor

(...) From what I noticed... The permanent magnet is made by pressing together metal filings under pressure (my deduction, dunno if its true), and sometimes the magnet literally disintegrates, which causes metal filings to gum up the entire works. (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)